Thursday

This Man Created an Orchard


It's not news anymore. It's been over 12 hours since Steve Jobs' death was announced. I found out on Twitter. I thought it was a hoax. Today is one of those days where I didn't have a blog planned...okay, most days are like that. That's the beauty of how I approach this - I let the universe provide the content and I just figure out the words.

Chances are, you've used an Apple product. You own an iPhone or iPod. You've waited in line for an iPad. As a loyal BlackBerry user (holla CANADA), the only Apple product I have is a first generation iPod Mini. It's pink. It was a present for my 23rd birthday. My boyfriend at the time had it engraved. Newer models are slick, bigger, smaller, have coloured screens and pictures but my wee mini has travelled to beaches with me. It's been on planes, on boats. It's been to university and back. It's been my deejay in two of my cars. It's been the soundtrack to my runs (back when I used to crave running outside). It's been a part of my life for quite a while. Thanks Mr. Jobs.

Jobs has been quoted endlessly and for good reason. He was a visionary. He lived an authentic life. If things didn't feel right to him, he made changes. He shaped his own destiny. Let's try to be more like Jobs today and for the rest of our lives. That's a legacy he would be proud of.

How inspires you? Are you doing enough to inspire yourself?

No comments: