Thursday

This Puppy Love Post

I've fallen off the wagon. I'm not finding time to blog lately and I'm sorry my sweets. I just got a cute email with pictures of babies and pets and I thought "Hey! I need to do a puppy post!" I came across this a while ago - can't remember how. As a fur mama, I know the day will come where I'll need to send my beloved babies to rainbow bridge. My girls are less than 5, but I know I'll outlive them and it breaks my heart in a way I'm scared to face. To be the best fur mama I can be while I'm blessed to have them here with me, I think about the 10 dog commandments. Please read and think about each one.

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years - any separation from you will be very painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment...You have your work, your friends, your entertainment...
I HAVE ONLY YOU!

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when you're speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands but I choose NOT to bite YOU.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.

Let's try to be the people our pets think we are today. If you're lucky enough to be a fur parent, you already know how much your baby adores you so embrace it and make them proud.

Yours in furry love, Major Gal.

No comments: