Monday

This is How my Heart Writes

One day, you're gonna meet somebody. You don't know wHere you'll meet 'em and it might be in the oddest of places and that's okay. It's all part of the plan. I'll bet you had it all figured out when you were younger, didn't you? I did. I knew everything. I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I knew who I wanted to marry and when. I knew it all. Now, I smile when I think about all the things that have changed since then...

Imagine learning that Major Gal wanted to be married at 22. Was I nuts or something? I wanted to be finished having kids by the time I was 33. Well, lemme tell ya, if my kiddo timeline is still part of my plan, I better get on it - like yesterday.

So here I am. Another unwed 30 year old woman and now that I'm older (sigh, I hated hearing that when I was younger) I wouldn't change a moment of my history. If you Learn nothing else today, I hope you'll take this into your heart: you are exactly where you're supposed to be in this universe at this very minute. Have faith that if the journey gets too hard, yoU can ask for help and somebody up there will steer the ship for you. And guess what? That Captain knows exactly where you're supposed to dock.

I'm thankful for all the puddles I've stepped in throughout my life. I'm grateful for the times my Dad was able to stop my tears by making me laugh. I'm lucky to have fantastic, loving people by my side. I'm excited for the future and I'm patient enough (I'm still learning this virtue) to have faith that I'm on the right path for me and that my ship is on schedule.

That's it my loves. Just a little something to share. It was on my mind and totally free-form. xoxo

1 comment:

Andrea Parsons said...

Well put! <3 Thank you for this on a gloomy Monday!