Wednesday

This Auntie Crystal

You know what's happened since I last stopped by? I've become an aunt for the very first time. For an unwed 31 year old career gal, this is a pretty sweet deal. I can spoil my nephew, kiss his sweet fat cheeks, make him laugh, take oodles of photos and when he squawks I can hand him right back to his mama. I don't lose any sleep and I get to push the stroller at the mall.

Before you think I don't change any diapers, I do. It's been 20 years since I've changed a diaper and I'm happy to report it's not any worse than I remember. It's not any better either, but that's a different story.

My nephew showed up early. He's our sweet Easter boy, born on Easter Sunday and named after his great-grandfather. Jack laughs and smiles when I wipe up the barf from under his chin and lets his big sister, Holly (the boxer) lick his face whenever she pleases. He's the most wonderful thing I've ever seen in my life and every single day I feel so lucky to be his Auntie Crystal.

This summer I'm taking a staycation and spending the week with Jack and his mama at the pool. I can't wait to parade him around as if he's my own baby. He's shown me that when I actually have kids, I'll likely be super annoying because all I do is show people pictures and videos of Jack. Strangers even. "Look at my nephew! Have you ever seen such a handsome little guy?" Don't kid yourself, that's a rhetorical question. If you take more then 1 nanosecond to respond to that question you're risking your life around this P.A.N.K. - Professional Aunt No Kids. I'm thinking of getting tshirts made for myself. Probably business cards too. I was made for this gig.






No comments: