Friday

This Friday Night Happy Place

There are a few things I really enjoy in life. Fridays. Pizza. Lying on my couch. Watching movies. The list goes on, but if you wrap those four items up, it makes for basically one of my very favourite happy places. Fridays have always been my favourite day of the week. It's better than Saturday because the weekend isn't quite here and everyone is in a (relatively) good mood anticipating the weekend unfolding before them. Impromptu Friday night parties are really the best after a, exhausting work week. Friday nights used to feature TGIF family programming - Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, all fantastic! I miss those shows actually. Anyways, Friday night programming isn't as interesting to me anymore and gone are the days when I can come home from school (high school or uni), toss on a party outfit and dance until dawn. Now, I really enjoy changing into jammies, ordering pizza, - Fridays are pizza days in my family - and watching a movie while sprawled across my couch. Now that I live on my own I get to pick the movie and the pizza toppings. Basically, I get whatever I want and I watch the girliest movies available if I feel like it. When I was a little girl, my mom would order me pizza and rent the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies for me on Friday nights. I'm a creature of habit and always have been. I know what I like and I hate being disappointed, so I stick with what I know. Like TMNT and pizza. My Friday nights really let me unwind. I actually really love falling asleep on my couch with Gigi at my feet and then waking up only to drag myself to bed for another 10 hours of restful bliss. Did you find your happy place today?

No comments: