Friday

When Did THIS Happen?

Ummm, I'm not sure about you but I've noticed that lately my wardrobe consists of work clothes or my corporate costume, sweats and jeans. Jeans are a staple. Denim is my go-to and that part doesn't really worry me. What does worry me is that fact that when I knew I was going out last weekend I had to go shopping because I didn't own a thing that hadn't crossed the runway at least three seasons prior.

When did this happen to me? When did I stop having a closet full of current trends and instead a wardrobe of classic staples? Oh right, it was when Visa starting coming to me in my dreams and waving bills in my face. To combat that, I began avoiding the malls...shocking, eh? I bought a pair of skin-tight pleather leggings to take the edge off last Saturday night and they helped, but I can't help thinking I needed better shoes, ankle booties specifically to really complete the ensemble. And the classic Chanel quilted bag, but let's not get carried away.

Generally, I'm a well put together gal. I never look like a wreck, well, not on most days, but lately I've lost that pizazz and I miss it. I wear work clothes a LOT and it needs to change. Monday to Friday, a Jacob and Banana Republic repertoire is perfect, but come Friday night I'm going all out from now on. Unless I'm staying in to watch Say Yes to the Dress and in that case I'll wear jammies.

1 comment:

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Crystal, I feel your pain. Ever since I was pregnant, my wardrobe has taken a huge nosedive. Nowadays, if I have some extra cash and want to spend it on me, I go to a home store instead of a clothes store!