Wednesday

This Stuff Making ME Happy!

Lately, I'm such a happy chick. Actually, I'm beyond happy. The word "bliss" often pops in to my head as I'm driving, walking with Gigi, sipping my first coffee of the day and basically while I'm doing anything and everything. So, here's a list (in no particular order) of the things that currently bring an abundance of joy in to my life.

1) I found a condo. It has lake and city views, comes with parking, Gigi can move in and my landlords are super awesome.

2)I followed my heart, listened to my gut - although it took a couple of years - put it all on the line, swallowed my pride and sent my ex a BBM that ends in a happily ever after. I reunited with the sweetest guy I've ever known and every single time I think about him (which is often), I smile.

3)My cousin got married and it was the happiest day of my life. I still get choked up when I think about the speech I gave, how she looked, how handsome and adoring the groom is, how happy her parents were, how much fun everyone had and how my bf rushed from work to be a part of a big day in my life and still managed to bring me flowers. He's a catch girls, I highly recommend finding a beau just like Ryan.

4) The weather is incredible! Sure, we can moan about how hot and humid it is in Toronto, or we can stop and think about how much we moan about the snow and cold in February. You can't have everything people.

5)My sister Chelsea is going to university in the fall and I'm extremely proud of her. I'm going to miss her and I will be this weird older chick who visits campus and makes her little sister take her out for cheap university drinks, but I can't wait.

6)I saw a dog riding in the cab of a pickup truck today and when he looked through the window at me, he had the biggest smile on his face. The windows were open and the breeze made a mess of his fur, but I knew exactly how happy he was.

7)I'm staying out of the tanning beds. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you grow up a white Canadian girl with pale skin, you learn to love the tanning salon and the intoxicating smell of coconut lotions. Terrible for your skin and health, yes. Great for your appearance in the moment, yes. Have I stopped? Yes. Am I sporting a tan right now? No, but I have taken to spray tans and I'm trying to accept the porcelain colour of my skin. It's a work in progress and there was a tragic spray tan incident involving orange palms and feet, patches of dark skin and the opportunity for me to laugh at myself, but I'm happy that I'm not a slave to my 11 minutes of heaven in the turbo bed each week.

8)I drive everywhere with my windows and sunroof open and although my hair is a mess, I feel the warm breeze and hear the buzz of the city and I feel great. I have AC in the Jeep, but I always prefer natural air.

9)I enjoy my job. I like coming to work every day. My boss is great and my team is excellent. Most importantly, I have a job.

10)My friends are happy and healthy. Some are in transition. Others are stepping out on their own. Some are taking big leaps in to the future and all of it makes me think about how far we've all come and how far we still have to go.

What makes you happy? I'm sure if you think about it, you're happier than you realize.

1 comment:

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Hey Crystal, what a great post! I am so glad you are happy! And I'm so happy it worked out with Ryan - I agree with you that he is a catch! In terms of what makes me happy - my family, my blog, decorating my home, reading a good book...the list could go on and on. Thanks again for a great read and see you soon!