Friday

This Perfect Pinky

Tomorrow Rach and I are going to one of our favourite places - our nail salon in Aurora. We've been going there for three years now and every visit is an adventure. Recently relocated further south on Yonge Street, this Aurora beauty staple has been pampering women for over a decade. The clientele is dedicated, not only because of the great work the pinky gals do, but because you're guaranteed a truly entertaining spa treatment when you book an appointment.

The women who work at A Perfect Pinky Plus make each visit a joy for me. We laugh, we pick the perfect polish, we catch up on what's been happening since I've moved downtown and I usually end up sticking around well after my polish is dry, just to chat. My cousin travels from Bradford to get her nails done at the salon and I'm coming up from Toronto tomorrow for a manicure and some laughs. Rach and I both live in the city and it's not as if there's a shortage of places to get your nails done, but when we planned to hang out I knew Rach had to see how gorgeous the new Pinky location is. Plus, the girls always ask me how Rach is doing when I go in without her. They actually care - and that's worth the outrageous price of gas for me to drive up.

I've never been a person people remember meeting but on my second visit, the entire shop remembered me and made me feel so welcome - as if I'd been a client for years. Those of us who go to the Pinky know what a great place it is. There are loads of nail salons to choose from, but the women at the Pinky truly make your visit a happy experience. In December, I always book my appointments for Christmas Eve so I can see my favourite beauty girls on my favourite day of the year. There's always bustle in the salon and I've never felt rushed. It's one of my happy places :)

If you're ever in the area, check them out. I promise, you'll have a blast and you'll look fantastic!
www.aperfectpinky.com

No comments: